Login screen possibilities?

Started by TheTinyDeskEngineer, Mar 26, 2021, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTinyDeskEngineer

I have always wanted to try to make a startup program for a computer that starts the computer with a login screen which requires that a password be inputted correctly for a player to actually use a computer, but the shell allows you to terminate any running programs by holding Ctrl+T, so unless I can figure out a way to use datapacks to modify the rom to remove the termination feature of the shell or to figure out how to run a login screen before the computer finishes booting up, there's no real way to prevent someone using your computer without your permission without them just terminating the login screen. So I'm posting this to get help in figuring this problem out so I might be able to create a datapack which adds a login process to all computers in a server.

QuickMuffin8782

I'm currently developing COSC with @eli310, so you can check out our progress on the gitlab page to see how we done on the user system and login stuff. Here's the progress. We haven't finished the installer, so you might as well wait until the installer is ready to go and the COSC OS is released to the public. Link: https://gitlab.com/eli310-main/cosc
GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord