get players position and/or grid like monitor

Started by RandomDwag, Oct 09, 2024, 04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomDwag

I've been browsing about ComputerCraft and what I find out is that there's a getPlayer() command or something like detect players. And I saw in a random video on youtube that it's doable to make radar like, my question is

Is it possible to detect player and get their position like coords/azimuth and/or elevation
If it is possible or not, can I make like a grid of chunks/block on my monitor periprals? I admit that I haven't play ComputerCraft yet since I'm busy but I'm interested in it. Excuse me if I'm asking this in a wrong way since this is my first time being here

Lupus590

There are addon mods that add entity trackers many of which can track players.

But if you want base CC, you can carry a pocket computer and track your player indirectly by tracking the pocket computer. I would make the pocket computer use the GPS API and then relay those coordinates to wherever you are wanting to track.

RandomDwag

Having a player guided tracker sounds very nice for information, and for the addons.

Can I ask where to find and what addon it is? I'm on the Discord server with tag ddrakov, I've been searching for quite a while but haven't found any luck of it

Lupus590

Which addon mod you can use will depend on your modloader and minecraft version.