So I "accidentally" got the krist block value to above 53 KST

Started by LoganDark, Aug 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LoganDark

So, I realized that buying a name made the block value go up, so I bought about 50 names. Now the block value is 53 KST, everybody in the world is mining everything, and I can't get anything with my pathetic 16 MH/s power, so..

Yeah. Enjoy all your Krist. I wasted 25k Krist, and I don't have nearly enough computing power to get it back since my server's dead.

HydroNitrogen

Please do collaborate on the ComputerCraft Wiki! Thanks!
Also like my post if you found it informative or helpful. This gets me to know what I should do more of. Thanks again!

LoganDark

Quote from: HydroNitrogen on Aug 28, 2018, 10:38 amWhy did you buy 50 names though?

I honestly thought it increased the block value for only myself and permanently. Both of those are completely false.

HydroNitrogen

Ah, yes, indeed. You just poured 25 000 krist into the network which is up to anyone to mine. You know, it's never wrong to try stuff, but I would not try stuff with 25 000 kst.... Anyway, enjoy all the names ;)
Also like my post if you found it informative or helpful. This gets me to know what I should do more of. Thanks again!

Yemmel

Wow, impressive. I don't think I've seen the block value this high since 2015. Very kind of you to soak 25k into the network :D I'm sure it will be greatly beneficial to the less fortunate.

Lemmmy

Holy....wow! That is a LOT of Krist, crazy stuff :D What are you going to use the names for?

LoganDark

Quote from: HydroNitrogen on Aug 28, 2018, 10:44 amAh, yes, indeed. You just poured 25 000 krist into the network which is up to anyone to mine. You know, it's never wrong to try stuff, but I would not try stuff with 25 000 kst.... Anyway, enjoy all the names ;)

The names were basically "gmmk{0..50}". Worthless, tbh.

Quote from: Yemmel on Aug 28, 2018, 10:45 amWow, impressive. I don't think I've seen the block value this high since 2015. Very kind of you to soak 25k into the network :D I'm sure it will be greatly beneficial to the less fortunate.

It feels like a waste for me. I worked hard (and waited too, 16 MH/s) to get all that Krist, and I wasted it all in 5 minutes.

Quote from: Lemmmy on Aug 28, 2018, 10:47 amHoly....wow! That is a LOT of Krist, crazy stuff :D What are you going to use the names for?

They're worthless names... 😭

CrazedProgrammer

die($death);
db->close();

HydroNitrogen

@LoganDark look in your DM, perhaps I can get you some krist back.

LoganDark

I'm going to attempt to recover some portion of the sunk cost by using 8 GPUs. Wish me luck :P

HydroNitrogen

Quote from: LoganDark on Aug 28, 2018, 12:20 pmI'm going to attempt to recover some portion of the sunk cost by using 8 GPUs. Wish me luck :P

What GPUs are they? (brand/model/version)

LoganDark

Quote from: HydroNitrogen on Aug 28, 2018, 12:21 pm[snip]

What GPUs are they? (brand/model/version)

Nevermind. As it turns out, kristforge won't compile on the system, and before I could ask for help, I just got way too pissed to communicate effectively.

They were Nvidia Tesla K80s, but I might as well give them away now since they're useless without a GPU miner (none of which, not even turbokrist, will compile on said system, by the way)

Yemmel

LoganDark

Quote from: Yemmel on Aug 28, 2018, 01:28 pmYou're still welcome to ask for help :)

Sorry, no. Please don't bring the drama here, use private messages.

HydroNitrogen

Quote from: LoganDark on Aug 28, 2018, 01:35 pm
Quote from: Yemmel on Aug 28, 2018, 01:28 pmYou're still welcome to ask for help :)

Sorry, no. Please don't bring the drama here, use private messages.

Yemmel is genuinly asking for any help you may need, we don't want drama on the forums, so he, the creator, definitely wouldn't bring it here.