TcorpOS --Help Wanted

Started by tscottw, May 09, 2024, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tscottw

I am working on an OS loosely based on apple's operating systems. The current Dev 0.1 build is a hybrid of Mac OS and iOS (mainly because of limited term screen space.) It is however very rough at the moment. I am looking for help to speed up the process as I have been working on it on and off for about 2 weeks so far.

Planned Features:
-Office suite
-Notes app
-Music Player
-Browser for in game Web servers (Websites Hosted on In game computers)
-GUI Calculator
-Email (Ran from In game web servers)
-Ability to update from paste bin without loosing user files
-Separate Installer Program for Floppy Disks
-Ability to set NFP files as Desktop Background
-Support for different Color Palettes using chpal
-Monitor support
-Settings program that can update from GUI (I have no clue how to save changes to a file make in GUI)

Please message me on discord if you are interested in helping
Discord: tscottw

(I don't have Discord, so I'm going to post it here :P)

I'm not very good at coding at the moment, so I can't really help much, but I have some ideas:
-Music Player: check out MusicPlayerCC, it has TONS of features and a cool GUI.-Update from Pastebin with no user-file loss:
    1/ Have a tag at the beginning of the file which tells update program that it's not a user file
    2/ Have a database of OSfile names then compare with files on computer to see which to update
    3/ Compare file contents from Pastebin with ones on computer to see which to update
-Email doesn't need to have web servers, just use ender modems (they have infinite range)
-Floppy disk installer:
     If you name a file in floppy disk 'startup' it will have higher priority than startup file in computer
     Floppy disk startup file runs when computer reboots
     Just make a startup file download all OSfiles from Pastebin and you're good
-Website on in game computer:
     I don't think you should do this as if so you have to develop your own protocol to use with modem API :(

Also, what do you mean by "Settings program that can update from GUI"?
If you're worried about the GUI not changing/crashing as the file updates, make the update script have its own screen like Windows (boot screen)