Did playing ComputerCraft help anyone get an ACTUAL coding job?

Started by ComputerCrafter, Mar 31, 2024, 04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sometimes, I think that maybe, because CC runs on an actual language (Lua), you could develop some coding skills and get real jobs in the future.

Does anyone have the same idea?

Maybe playing CC helps you code better, and develops crucial skills?
Do you think so?

Also, I'd be very interested in knowing what happened to people who played CC when they were younger.
Thanks in advance for your opinions!

QuickMuffin8782

Quote from: ComputerCrafter on Mar 31, 2024, 04:28 AMSometimes, I think that maybe, because CC runs on an actual language (Lua), you could develop some coding skills and get real jobs in the future.

Does anyone have the same idea?

Maybe playing CC helps you code better, and develops crucial skills?
Do you think so?

Also, I'd be very interested in knowing what happened to people who played CC when they were younger.
Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Actually, coding gives experience, and that experience gotten me into a success on working on COSC. Ever since then, I've used my coding skills in full time projects!
GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord

SamH

I've started programming with ComputerCraft in (approximately) 2016 - 2017. Once I've made a couple Lua programs I've diced to practice other languages. Eventually I learnt a lot about computer science and studied it a high school and college. Later this year, I will be studying at University. When I've shown the college the the things I've made - they accepted as quick as they can.

I've not got a job yet, however I will be looking for one after University.

Computer science is more about the principles (the algorithms, etc ..) rather then the language you choose. Lua is a great language to implement these due to its simplicity (most of the time). If you understand the theory of why something works, then an employer is more likely to hire you.

Thanks for your opinions!
I saw a few people saying CC helped them on the old forums too.
Thank you for answering my questions. :D