Discord has changed their usernames

Started by SamH, Aug 09, 2023, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamH

Discord has changed the format of their usernames, so instead of SamH#2235 it is now ajh123or whatever else you choose. This discord blog article has more information.

Currently I am unable to change the discord username in my profile because the RegEx requires the discriminators which do not exist anymore.

QuickMuffin8782

Quote from: SamH on Aug 09, 2023, 12:37 PMDiscord has changed the format of their usernames, so instead of SamH#2235 it is now ajh123or whatever else you choose. This discord blog article has more information.

Currently I am unable to change the discord username in my profile because the RegEx requires the discriminators which do not exist anymore.

I will refer this to the moderators who can contact the admins for this issue. I can't even do a discord tag. So, I'm going to reach them and see their response.
GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord

Lupus590

This isn't a thing that I can change as a moderator so we are going to have to wait for the admins. Even then it could be a thing that is built into the forum software and they might not be able to change it.

• Lemmmy

• (he/they)
  • Administrator

Lemmmy

Sorry for the delay on this. This is now fixed.

QuickMuffin8782

GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord

martsadas

it still says the discriminator is required
No signature set.

• Lemmmy

• (he/they)
  • Administrator

Lemmmy