Main Menu

Turtle Chargers

Started by Scoopta, Aug 14, 2018, 04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoopta

Turtle Chargers is a mod that allows you to charge(refuel) your CC turtles using IC2 EU. The mod requires both IC2 and either ComputerCraft or CC: Tweaked to be installed. It's only available for MC 1.12.2. The EU conversion rate is 128EU per turtle movement.

Usage
  • Equip an IC2 Energy crystal as an upgrade to a side to get a Chargey Turtle
  • Wrap the crystal as a peripheral
  • Call either [icode]charge(number)[/icode] or [icode]chargeFrom(string, number)[/icode] against the peripheral

[icode]charge(number)[/icode] takes a number to specify the amount to pull from the currently selected inventory item

[icode]chargeFrom(string, number)[/icode] takes a side and the amount to pull. The side you're pulling from should have the output of a power storage item like an batbox or MFE facing into it. Please note that turtles are considered tier 3 items and you should NOT connect them to an MFSU unless you want an explody turtle on your hands. Would this be a good time to say HAYO!

Download
You can download the latest build from bitbucket.

HydroNitrogen

Very nice! This can be very useful in IC² worlds..

What's the EU conversion rate to turtle movements?

And how does [icode]coal -> electric generator -> energy crystal -> turtle[/icode] compare to [icode]coal -> turtle[/icode]
Please do collaborate on the ComputerCraft Wiki! Thanks!
Also like my post if you found it informative or helpful. This gets me to know what I should do more of. Thanks again!

Scoopta

Quote from: HydroNitrogen on Aug 14, 2018, 08:29 AMVery nice! This can be very useful in IC² worlds..

What's the EU conversion rate to turtle movements?

And how does [icode]coal -> electric generator -> energy crystal -> turtle[/icode] compare to [icode]coal -> turtle[/icode]
I updated the post to include the conversion rate which is 128EU/movement. As far as efficiency when using straight coal compared to going through EU you're better off using straight coal. A single piece of coal gives 80 movements normally. An equivalent 80 movements will cost roughly 10k EU but a single piece of coal in a generator only provides 4k EU. I didn't want it to be a flat conversion. It's more designed for convenience when you're mid game and have other sources of power. Also do note that a single redstone dust can be used for 800EU worth of charge as I follow traditional IC2 mechanics.

HydroNitrogen

Ah alright, that's not too bad at all! I was slightly worried that it would compare to be cheaper than using direct coal, which may be a bit unbalanced. But like this, I think it's pretty well defined. Nice!
Please do collaborate on the ComputerCraft Wiki! Thanks!
Also like my post if you found it informative or helpful. This gets me to know what I should do more of. Thanks again!