help automating celestial crystal growth from astral sorcery

Started by TheyWor, Apr 09, 2022, 02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheyWor

Hi, I happen to play Enigmatica Expert 2 Skyblock, which is running CC:Tweaked and Plethora (1.2.3).
I crafted an introspection turtle to get the rock crystals details, but it just returns the nbtHash. The source code indicates mod integration for Astral Sorcery and an information provider for size and purity. I am probably missing something simple here. Any pointers?

Lupus590

Hi, welcome to the forums.

First off, I need to put my moderator hat on and say that you necroed a post that was over a year old.

As for your issue, that's normal it is an NBThash. You're not going to get details about the NBT, just some information to know if two items are different. The reason for this is that some mods (and maybe vanilla) store data that the player is not meant to know about and CC doesn't want to expose this so it makes up a value based on this data (to oversimplify hashing).

I forget the specifics of Astral Sorcery, but what fragments I do remember makes me think that you should be able to read the nbtHash of a fully grown crystal, store that value and then compare it against future crystals to know if they are grown.

If you are happy to modify the modpack you are playing (and can, as this will need to be on a server too) then you could install a peripheral mod that lets you read NBT data. Here's the link to it: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/nbt-peripheral (Note, if you install it with the curseforge launcher then it will attempt to install the original CC which is not compatible with CC:T.)

TheyWor

Thank you for the wrap up, I expected something similar, when I saw, that it was a hash, but thought that Astral Sorcery just did things a bit differently. The Mod integration code in Plethora however still baffles me. It looks like it should circumvent that hash and supply the actual values, but it doesn't. Perhaps I will have to message NerdPie about it or stick to solve it with Integrated Dynamics :(.

Lupus590

I believe that there's a mod that lets CC read Integrated Dynamics variables, not sure if it has a 1.12 version though, can't remember what it's called either.