help automating celestial crystal growth from astral sorcery

Started by mistrb5000, Nov 13, 2020, 04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistrb5000

basically I'm attempting to do what direwolf20 is doing in this video but instead of using integrated dynamics I'm hoping cc: tweaked will do the job instead I'm completely new to cc and cc: tweaked any help given is greatly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq6D6juv1Ec&t=1972s

Lupus590

You might be able to do it with Plethora, and maybe this NBT peripheral (warning, if installing using the twitch lancher then this wil attempt to install the original CC, it should work with CC:T but you will need to uninstall original CC first as CC and CC:T are not compatable), but CC:T on it's own might not be able to do it. The hard part will be reading the NBT to see the status of the crystals.

The only other advice I'm willing to give right now is read this or atleast understand the lessons that it is trying to teach, and look up Lua basics. This is a farily good first project, the hard part should be getting the NBT of the items into the CC computer, and with both of those mods that will hopefully be reasonably easy.

Edit: just remembered that newer CC:T has parts of plethora in it, so you might not even need the extra mods.

Also, here's the wiki links:
the auto generated docs for CC:T
the docs for plethora

And the old wikis, just in case:
"New" wiki
"Old" wiki

mistrb5000

that's what I was afraid of I'm playing on a FTB revelation server and since integrated dynamics was removed from the modpack I was going to solve the problem of automating celestial crystal growth with the use of cc: tweaked but since I'm on a server that no longer seems possible because I can't add mods to the server

Lupus590

Ask the server admins if they are willing to install plethora and/or that nbt peripheral. If they don't like some of what plethora adds then make sure that they know that it's very configurable so they might be able to disable anything they don't like, that said they should have little reason to dislike anything as it's very server friendly.

mistrb5000

thanks for the help I'll try asking them and see what they say

mistrb5000

no luck the server admin said that they'd rather not add anything that way they can keep the server "vanilla"

Lupus590

mistrb5000

I'll try but considering it's one of the FTB modpacks I doubt I'll get much of a response