XenusSoft Developer Competition 2020

Started by QuickMuffin8782, Nov 04, 2020, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickMuffin8782

XenusSoft's Developer Competition 2020

Now's the time to compete for the win, and to get a awesome reward for XenusSoft... *drumroll please...* A LEAD DEVELOPER! Make sure to link your repo for the judges! To become a judge, reply to this thread! This is part of the HR rank, so go on and get to your best! Any programming languages are accepted below:
  • Lua
  • HTML
  • JavaScript
  • Windows Programming Language
  • Swift (iOS and MacOS)
  • Kotlin
  • VBScript
Why not get in now? To get in, go to the issues page on the gitlab page (must have a github or google account) and get in! I'll add you and you can develop your projects in your assigned folder. Why not give it a try by clicking below?
Join now!
GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord

SquidDev

It's always nice to see programming competitions, but I am a little confused.

What are people meant to be developing here? Is there a specific project you want people to work on, or just build something cool and you'll pick a winner? If so, what are the judging criteria (and who are the judges?).

It's also not entirely clear what the reward actually means. You say you'll give us a "XenusSoft lead developer", but who/what is that? Will they just work on our projects for free, or am I missing something?

I'd also suggest allowing people to use their own repos for this, and then they can just send you a link. That's what was done for CCJam in the past, and it worked very well.
GitHub | CC:Tweaked: A ComputerCraft fork | Plethora: A peripheral mod

QuickMuffin8782

Quote from: SquidDev on Nov 05, 2020, 01:58 PMIt's always nice to see programming competitions, but I am a little confused.

What are people meant to be developing here? Is there a specific project you want people to work on, or just build something cool and you'll pick a winner? If so, what are the judging criteria (and who are the judges?).

It's also not entirely clear what the reward means. You say you'll give us a "XenusSoft lead developer", but who/what is that? Will, they just work on our projects for free, or am I missing something?

I'd also suggest allowing people to use their repos for this, and then they can just send you a link. That's what was done for CCJam in the past, and it worked very well.

A lead developer can choose what they want to develop freely, yes. The lead devs can determine who can work on a certain topic. Lead devs have a lot of permissions, of course. Judges can come in too by request on this thread. As of course your suggestion for links to repos is a good idea. I'll have them give the link to the repo for the contest. The judging criteria will be in the wiki soon, so it'll take some time.
GOTTA GO FAST!!!! - Sunrise Studios now calling testers! Check the post!
Gitlab - Join my official discord! - SS Discord