CraftBang (Fixed for CC:Tweaked)

Started by LDDestroier, Feb 25, 2019, 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LDDestroier

Kingdaro had deleted CraftBang from his github, but luckily SalmonMoses had a fork up for it. The OS didn't run at all in current versions of computercraft, though, so I figured I'd go and fix it up since the project is all but abandoned by its creator.

CraftBang
CraftBang is a desktop environment with multitasking capabilities. It's clean, modern (looking), customizable, and allows you to not only access your favorite programs early, but more than one at a time with little hassle.
Download the installer: pastebin get 3W5WiVJs cb-install
Credits to GolpherAtl for his Redirect API (I had to modify it a lot for the latest CC)
And of course, credit to Kingdaro for making CraftBang. If he still exists.
Screenshots:

Desktop interface, now with desktop.
There are four programs running simultaneously on this screen, and you can swap betwixt them or close them with a single click!
You can create icon shortcuts for your programs, too.
Each element of the UI can be recolored to your will!
Original forum post is here.
**Note: This is NOT an operating system, yadda yadda. Those who refer to CraftBang as an operating system will be thoroughly hung from the neck until dead, and their assets liquidated and spent on soft drinks and steam games.

znepb

Not bad, but, apps may flicker to the home screen briefly. I couldn't find any applications other than Terminal, but otherwise not that bad.
I really like how you can move apps around though, although it's a very minor feature, it's pretty cool.

LDDestroier

Quote from: znepb on Apr 08, 2019, 01:12 AMNot bad, but, apps may flicker to the home screen briefly. I couldn't find any applications other than Terminal, but otherwise not that bad.
I really like how you can move apps around though, although it's a very minor feature, it's pretty cool.

I didn't touch the multitasking aspects of CraftBang, so I can't say why that happens, even if I can attest that it flickers like a fiend. All I did was get CraftBang working on the latest version of ComputerCraft, since it didn't work earlier and I liked using it before it (and all other CC "operating systems") was completely overshadowed by Opus OS.