Photon shell - the latest and greatest shell for cc tweaked - help wanted!

Started by DevilishDawn43, Sep 14, 2024, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevilishDawn43

I would appreciate it if someone could assist in working on my custom shell: Photon shell.
its not perfect right now and its not much better than the default shell, but the idea is simple, highly modifiable with plugin support, it will be able to adapt to the users needs, and can be modified with lua or a simpler (but more limited) config language.

btw a polished prototype for the public to test will be posted soon!
browsedns.com is where you can find me most, I will update it will the link to my profile

My GitHub alt: DevilishDawn431

• Aio

• (she/her)

Aio

I would like to help, but i cant find anywhere to do so,
do you have a github repo i can contribute to? or discord if you want to work on it outside github?

QuickMuffin8782

Quote from: DevilishDawn43 on Sep 14, 2024, 03:06 PMI would appreciate it if someone could assist in working on my custom shell: Photon shell.
its not perfect right now and its not much better than the default shell, but the idea is simple, highly modifiable with plugin support, it will be able to adapt to the users needs, and can be modified with lua or a simpler (but more limited) config language.

Quote from: Aio on Sep 15, 2024, 12:50 PMI would like to help, but i cant find anywhere to do so,
do you have a github repo i can contribute to? or discord if you want to work on it outside github?

Yes, do you have a GitHub repo containing the source code? A Github Repo is where you can store your source code, and we're going to need it if you need help.
"The Blue Blur" - Working on Net Star OS, a new frontier for Red Star OS 3.0
linktr.ee/quickmuffin8782

DevilishDawn43

Quote from: Aio on Sep 15, 2024, 12:50 PMI would like to help, but i cant find anywhere to do so,
I will set that up when I can, I need to get home first, but after, I will set it up as soon as possible
browsedns.com is where you can find me most, I will update it will the link to my profile

DevilishDawn43

I'm actually also working on some ui elements, if it is not done by then, I will publish the functional version, of course stripped down of code that will crash it, such as code checking for the future config files and plugin list

DevilishDawn43

Quote from: QuickMuffin8782 on Sep 16, 2024, 05:34 PM
Quote from: DevilishDawn43 on Sep 14, 2024, 03:06 PMI would appreciate it if someone could assist in working on my custom shell: Photon shell.

Yes, do you have a GitHub repo containing the source code? A Github Repo is where you can store your source code, and we're going to need it if you need help.

ok, here is the link! be sure to read help.txt for how to use the shortcuts:
https://github.com/DevilishDawn431/DawnsCCProjects/tree/main/Photon
also, it is no where near being done, and is semi functional, so don't expect much, its just a bare shell right now, that's why I needed help, to improve it and add what would make it revolutionary