Main Menu

Lua Shell

Started by zdrmonster12, Feb 10, 2019, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is simple.

It clears the screen, then runs the LUA program. and turns the Computer's power off when the program is exited. pastebin get F0a5waVx startup This is my first program i uploaded. So criticize it if you want to!

osmarks

Um, why would you want to use this?

Quote from: osmarks on Feb 10, 2019, 07:58 PMUm, why would you want to use this?

Because Some would want a Locked down Computer in their Computer Craft Server.

Plus it turns the Computer into one that would only run apps from floppy disks.*

*only when the disk you insert into the Computer has a startup file that would override the Startup on the Computer's "Hard Drive"

KingofGamesYami

This doesn't lock anything down.  It would take approximately 10 seconds to restore the computer to normal operating state.
I'm a ComputerCraft veteran with over 3k posts on the old ComputerCraft Forum.  I'm mostly inactive in CC having moved on to bigger, more interesting projects but still contribute to the community.

Quote from: KingofGamesYami on Feb 12, 2019, 03:31 PMThis doesn't lock anything down.  It would take approximately 10 seconds to restore the computer to normal operating state.

unless the Computer doesn't allow disk startup.

KingofGamesYami

lua> fs.delete("startup")

Disk startup has literally zero effect on this.  Even if it did, I could simply change that setting from the lua prompt.
I'm a ComputerCraft veteran with over 3k posts on the old ComputerCraft Forum.  I'm mostly inactive in CC having moved on to bigger, more interesting projects but still contribute to the community.

Quote from: KingofGamesYami on Feb 12, 2019, 10:20 PMlua> fs.delete("startup")

Disk startup has literally zero effect on this.  Even if it did, I could simply change that setting from the lua prompt.

...ok?