Modu - Modular, chat interfaced storage using plethora

Started by Fatboychummy, Nov 16, 2018, 05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboychummy

Hey what's up guys, Scarce here.

So I made a thing.  It's a cool thing.  It works.

You should check out said thing.

Core feature:
Search for items through your whole storage network and send them to your inventory, or do it the other way around.

The cool feature:
It's mod-able.  I have a few 'mods' designed for it, which do different things.
I am working on making modules run in the background (using coroutines), so multiple can run at once.

There's more information, along with setups, for modu on it's github page, here.
I make unfinished programs

SquidDev

Really cool to see people using Plethora for things like this! I keep meaning to add remote inventory transfer to Artist, but looks like you beat me to it!

Just wondering if you'd looked into using the chat recorder for receiving chat messages as well? It should be possible to use the capture method to receive all messages starting with, say, "!". Maybe less elegant than a chat box, but it means you don't need a chat box as well!
GitHub | CC:Tweaked: A ComputerCraft fork | Plethora: A peripheral mod

Fatboychummy

Quote from: SquidDev on Nov 16, 2018, 08:30 AMJust wondering if you'd looked into using the chat recorder for receiving chat messages as well? It should be possible to use the capture method to receive all messages starting with, say, "!". Maybe less elegant than a chat box, but it means you don't need a chat box as well!

I was actually going to make the 'parser' into different modules as well, so you can switch the way it 'parses' things depending on your setup.  I can't change anything right now though as I'm away from my main pc for a bit (and I had a bit of work done on it but hadn't uploaded it yet).
I make unfinished programs

pjals

hi i am T79, bye