Sustainable flight which is safe for the server

Started by Pokey, Aug 21, 2018, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokey

Its in the title really... Can we implement a server safe flight method?
Long-term ComputerCraft lover • Computer and Electronics hobbyist

informer

Elytra and fireworks are definitely server safe.

Lupus590

Elytra and kinetic augment?

informer

Quote from: Lupus590 on Aug 21, 2018, 06:51 PMElytra and kinetic augment?

I've actually had issues with this. The augment would occasionally stop working. I'd have to relog.

osmarks

Elytra are not exactly suitable for lots of players due to their (partially just imposed by the owner of the end portal) scarcity.

informer

Quote from: osmarks on Aug 22, 2018, 12:44 PMElytra are not exactly suitable for lots of players due to their (partially just imposed by the owner of the end portal) scarcity.

I believe anyone can get to the end with /warp endislands. Also elytras are sold by multiple venders at wolf mall. But yes I do agree it's not necessarily easy to get an elytra

HydroNitrogen

Quote from: osmarks on Aug 22, 2018, 12:44 PMElytra are not exactly suitable for lots of players due to their (partially just imposed by the owner of the end portal) scarcity.

Everyone is free to go to the end via
[icode]/warp endislands[/icode]
and their own homes too.

Though I think it can be said that almost all elytras have been harvested, since the world is limited.

And indeed, there are elytras for sale at Wolf Mall! (For example, you can buy them at my very own XYZ Luxury)
Please do collaborate on the ComputerCraft Wiki! Thanks!
Also like my post if you found it informative or helpful. This gets me to know what I should do more of. Thanks again!

Yemmel

We've been considering some sort of flight bauble (likely creative flight) however have not yet looked for a mod that would provide this. It should definitely be appropriately expensive.

osmarks

Quote from: HydroNitrogen on Aug 22, 2018, 05:00 PM

Everyone is free to go to the end via
[icode]/warp endislands[/icode]
and their own homes too.

Though I think it can be said that almost all elytras have been harvested, since the world is limited.

And indeed, there are elytras for sale at Wolf Mall! (For example, you can buy them at my very own XYZ Luxury)
I was talking about the ability to get them from dragon scales. Which requires a dragon. Which requires an end portal. Please shop plugging your own overpriced shop, by the way.